Living Your Best Life
Jennifer Gafford ~ Mindset & Style Coach
CONFIDENCE SELF TALK STYLE BEAUTY RECIPES RELATIONSHIPS MOTHERHOOD TRAVEL BOOKS
15 Perks To Being Single
1. You can travel solo or with friends
2. You get the whole bed to yourself
3. You can eat the whole pizza
4. You can make a mess
5. You can choose the restaurant
6. You don't have to explain your decisions
7. You can choose the movie
8. You can chat for hours on the phone
9. You can have more girls/ guys nights out
10. You can make better financial decisions
11. You can start a side hustle or business
12. You can take up a new hobby
13. You can eat healthier
14. You can heal and grow as an individual
15. You can decorate how you want
Making Strawberry Shortcake
6 cups chopped up strawberries
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
Bit of coarse sugar
Can of favorite refrigerated biscuits - bake as directed on can. Set aside to cool and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Chop up the strawberries and mix in a bowl with a little sugar and set aside for that to marinate.
Make The Whipped Cream:
Using a hand mixer whisk the heavy cream and the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and vanilla on medium speed until soft medium peaks form. (Takes 2-3 mins) Slice the biscuits in half, layer with the strawberries and top with the whipped cream. Serve immediately.
These chocolate chocolate chip cookies are rich and a sweet treat when you're having a super sweet tooth moment. I make these nut free but you can add nuts such as walnuts to them for added depth and flavor.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl mix all ingredients with a handheld mixer or spoon. Onto greased baking sheet drop dough by tablespoons about 2 inches apart. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not over bake). Cool for one minute then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Bakes either 6 larger cookies or if you choose teaspoon sized 12 small cookies.
Garlic Cracker Crusted Salmon
1 Tablespoon mixture of dried onion and garlic seasoning or amount to your desired taste
1 sleeve of butter crackers crushed
Mix the seasonings and crushed butter crackers together in a bowl
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle the salmon in a baking dish with a little olive oil - not too much or it will spatter in the oven
Sprinkle the dried mixture of seasonings and crushed butter crackers over the olive oil. Cover the salmon with foil, bake until cooked through, internal temperature minimum 145. Remove foil at end to brown the top slightly; watch carefully so it does not burn.
Planting A Garden Inspiration - 10 Plants To Plant In Beds or Pots
Flowers should never be considered a luxury but something attainable for everyone. Even residing in an apartment or condo we have the option for flowers in pots which can elevate our space, lift our mood and spirit. Planting a few bulbs can yield beautiful results come spring by intentional planting in the fall.
Check online for your local area planting recommendations for which of these plants would thrive best as some are more hardy for extreme temperatures than others. Remember in the case of the Black Eyed Susan and Cone Flowers you can remove the spent heads off once bloomed and turned brown and dry. Simply remove those tops and set them out to dry on parchment or wax paper - once dried put in a brown paper lunch bag until planting time; those old blooms can be replanted as seed heads to grow new flowers thereby multiplying what you have. This practice can also be done before moving to a new home to take with you so you'll already have some seed heads to plant once you're settled in. That way you've taken a bit of your garden with you.
1. Celosia - easy care and bright color
2. Purple Fountain Grass - pretty burgandy hues as accents to shrub beds
3. Sedum - pretty green leafy plant that blooms
4. Lambs Ear - super soft leafy plant, perfect for pots, invasive in beds
5. Black Eyed Susan - golden yellow daily shaped, attracts butterflies
6. Cone Flowers - (pictured) attracts bees and butterflies, adds heights to bed
7. Wandering Jew - sprawling low to ground purple plant great for pots
8. Dusty Miller - icy green gray plant great to trim beds
9. Rosemary - fragrant perfect for pots or accent to beds
10. Iris - classic for beds, variety of colors, pretty for Easter photos in spring